What is content://com.android.browser.home/? Where it is used for. How to customize the default browser homepage? An Android device user always browses the internet through a web browser pretty regularly. Then the user may see content://com.android.browser.home/ as the default homepage on his mobile’s web-browser. The largest manufacturer of the Android smartphone OEMs implements its web browser with its handsets by default. All of us often prefer to utilize most of the famous web browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc. In those browsers, the user can manually set up a homepage or switch to the default homepage by the procedures we mentioned in the blog.
Promptly, if you can’t locate the approach to switch the default web browser’s homepage on your Android smartphone, you can grasp the step-by-step technique subsequently. Most web browser applications are simple to adopt and contribute lots of innovations or opportunities to operate. However, sometimes it becomes difficult to change the default homepage, so you need to follow our steps for the particular web browser.
- 1 What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
- 2 What is content://com.android.browser.home/index?
- 3 How to change the homepage of the browser?
- 4 How to Use content://com.android.browser.home/?
- 5 How to remove “content://com.android.browser.home/”
- 6 Conclusion
What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
content://com.android.browser.home/ is a syntax(link or command) to modify or switchHomepage setting for default browser on Android phone. Location is protected by default and used to customize the default browser homepage. If a customer purchases a modern smartphone, it appears with an inbuilt browser with a default page. You can remove, mitigate, and adjust the web browser’s default homepage.
If you are becoming distracted with the path com.android.browser.home, then we can split it into several elements. Prime is “content://,” which enables us to receive the content on identical or diverse stages. The next section, “com.android.browser” is the package’s name, and the latter portion, “browser.home” is obvious from its title. This introduces the app as the default browser on your mobile, and “home/” is the segment that is liable for locating the home page.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/index?
The term “index” in the URI points to browser indexing. Indexing is used by the server admins and not by the guest or visitor to the location. The indexing enables the admin to locate and index records.
Note: Index is an analog applied for the databases employed by search engines like Google and Bing. If a site is not being in the search engine index(webmaster tool), users or visitors will not be capable of visiting the web pages in search queries.
This mechanism is not beneficial for you, except you possess a server and anyhow don’t know regarding the index. Hence, we learned the basics and recognized the different syntax employed in the web browser.
Furthermore, we can observe that content://com.android.browser.home/bookmarks have “bookmark,” and we know the earlier syntax. So the syntax->bookmark, symbolizes that you can add bookmarks to your browser with or without the code.
Some list of syntaxes for the android web browser starts with content:
- content://com.android.browser.home/index-google search
How to change the homepage of the browser?
There are various methods to change the homepage of the browser pre-installed on your mobile phone. An Android device has various web browsers already present on the smartphone. We suggest using a separate web browser to initiate different URLs as an independent web browser on the Android device has its importance.
Method1: Android Browser Settings
- Go to the Google browser application and launch the app.
- Choose the menu button on the upper right half of the window.
- Click on the “Settings” menu, browse for the sub-menu till you locate the “Android Browser Settings.”
- Tap on it once you’ve found the settings and Open the settings to the General.
- Click the Homepage button.
- Directly enter the URL, you need to set it as the default page or pick the exact page’s choice.
Method 2: Launching Tab
- Launch the tab to place as your default internet browser.
- You will notice a menu option with three dots at the upper right corner
- To open to settings, hit this menu.
- A settings icon will seem on the dropdown menu.
- This menu will possess the “Set Homepage” option
- Touch the settings option on the landing page, and you’ll be prompted to insert the URL
- Insert your favored landing page site URL. The homepage will be changed.
Method 3: Bookmark
- Launch a site that you require to introduce as the default homepage on your web browser.
- Click on the menu icon -> Move to the Bookmark and save the site URL.
- Next, click on the menu button again -> Persist to Bookmark or History page.
- Find and long-tap on the site’s URL -> A pop-up will be shown -> select it to set as Homepage.
Method 4: Using Syntax
- Launch the default Android browser.
- Insert “content://com.android.browser.home/Set” in the Address bar:
- The setting menu will pop-up-> change the default home page on the Browser.
Note: The link content://com.android.browser.home/ will produce homepage settings on any browser which has been setup as a default browser. However, we have checked by applying this link on a non-default browser, it is displaying an error “ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND” file not found, or the file has been removed or eliminated. In some instances, it too shows an error report of 404 Not Found. At these conditions use above mentioned methods.
How to Use content://com.android.browser.home/?
Using “content://com.android.browser.home/” starts to configure the Android equipment’s default browser to twitch the home page by applying the code.
A default browser on an Android machine is “internet” or “Browser.” Still, few android users favor adopting the default browser on the mobile phone. This can even help you get rid of the irritating Home page, which automatically retains operating when you launch the browser on the device.
- Launch the Default Browser on Android Phone.
- Click on the menu button shown.
- Search for the ‘Android Browser Settings’ option; once located, tap on it.
- Open ‘General‘ settings or Homepage. Both are as per your browser.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Set Homepage.’
- Enter the site link(enter custom web address) you need to place as the default page.
How to set-up a homepage in google chrome?
The benefit of doing so implies whenever you are initiating any page, that web page will be opened in Chrome. Along with the default home page, this will facilitate the home button.
Follow the following steps to achieve the same:
- Launch Chrome on your device and drive to “Settings” and open it.
- Get “Menu” on the left side of the display and click on it.
- Discover the Home button” and permit it.
- Now choose “Enter custom web address” and insert the link of the web page.
How to set-up a homepage in Mozilla?
Mozilla is a browser that can be located in various OS (Operating Systems), so discovering how to set-up a home page can be beneficial. The subsequent steps are for the Android version of the Mozilla browser.
- Launch the Mozilla browser on your phone.
- Select three dots and open “Settings.”
- Next, tap on “Home page” and then choose “Set a homepage.”
- Now, you can hit on “Custom” and insert the link of the web page.
- Once you perform the preceding steps, close the browser and start it to view the default page as the webpage you want.
How to set-up a homepage in Opera?
Comparable to Mozilla, Opera is a moderately popularly used web browser and is free on different platforms. We will discuss how we can make a web page as a home page.
Note: The guide will serve for both the Opera and Opera mini web browser.
- Start the Opera browser on your smartphone or tablet.
- Next, Tap the “Settings icon” on the bottom right of your screen.
- Now you can prefer to disable the news from the homepage. This can cause problems next, so we would recommend you disable it.
- Simultaneously, you require to disable the “trending” in the browser from the settings.
- Instantly open the home page and eliminate all the “speed search sites.”
- Once you perform the earlier steps, copy the web page’s link and tap on the “+” icon in Opera. Next, insert the link in the section and click “OK.” This will hatch that web page as the default home page.
- Finally, save the settings and open the browser’s homepage to discover that the home page is now replaced.
How to setup a homepage in Safari?
The setup is comparatively easy with the steps.
Note: If you are working on mac, then go to “General preferences” in the Safari browser.
- Initiate the Safari browser and select “Preferences.”
- Then, navigate and choose “General.”
- Next, insert the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) in the “Homepage” of the web page you want to create as the home page. Either you can pick the current page as default by keeping “Set current page.”
How to remove “content://com.android.browser.home/”
Previously declared, “content://com.android.browser.home/” is a default URL in the Android’s inbuilt application. As the (BUI)browser’s user interface seems a little unresponsive, delivering users not choosing it much. So for removing “content://com.android.browser.home” catch certain simple actions:
- Launch the default Internet Bowser pre-installed on your Android phone.
- Now proceed to the Menu of the Browser.
- Locate the “Setting” option on the Menu.
- Promptly hit on the General option.
- Instantly, pick up the Homepage of your preference.
- Now, change the URL with the default homepage of your decision.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Save” button. This will remove content://com.android.browser.home/ from its default setting
Alternative Custom ROM’s
Having concerned with signing on your mobile right to the web browser, at that time an alternative for you is establishing a Custom ROM. Certain custom ROMs are designed in such a way to make your mobile run faster than the original OS. They usually contribute an extra vital quantity of powers than the standard operating system with most smartphones. By this, you can simply remove the “content://com.android.browser.home/,” However, we don’t suggest this.
In conclusion, an Android device doesn’t make you apply the default web browser to surf the internet and blogs. Still, the user prefers to adopt some additional web browser as the default web browser app on an Android device. We have discussed content://com.android.browser.home/ is a syntax or code to change the homepage of the default web browser on your phone. To modify the default web browser on Android, you require to establish a separate web browser as per your necessity and greed.
You can discover the bounty of web browsers free on the Play Store to download and practice on Android receivers and tablets. We suggest applying the Duckduckgo web browser as your default web browser for Android to serf safely. Many extra peculiarities and security measures perform these browsers one of the preferences and multiple installed web browsers on Android. To alter the default web browser on Android, all you require is to locate a trustworthy and fitting web browser as per your demand on Google Play Store.
Once you have fixed your favorite web browser on Android, the machine is continuously requesting to adopt a default web browser while initiating a URL on Android. Sometimes, we cancel setting a default web browser to penetrate URLs on Android, but quickly we recognize the fault and require to keep the separate web browser to open URLs.