According to Statista, digital music revenue from 2017 to 2026 has grown from $10,5 billion in 2017 to $29,5 billion in 2023. Also, digital music global generated income is expected to increase as high as $36,3 billion by 2026.
The music industry is starting to see an impacting change in the way sounds and songs are produced. Technology shows very useful applications for music composition. If you’re a music lover or a singer, producer, or composer, this is the right article. In the paragraphs below, we’ll explain the forefront technologies that are radically changing this fantastic art.
Four Interesting Technology Trends for Music Production
These are the most appealing technology trends dominating stages and recording studios this year. Take a look.
Increased Media and Production Consumption
Music production will now be based more on data than ever before. Videos and songs currently have more content plus more demand. The music industry is getting full of big data, you can attend coding bootcamps like Coding Dojo to learn how big data helps music companies harness their data and discover more opportunities.
Consumers are giving more personal information through their search patterns. Trawling through all that data allows music companies to exploit in a way that improves their business is a time-consuming task.
Several smart software can play music to provide a better user experience. For example, Siri, Apple’s renowned speech assistant, serves the same purpose as Apple Music. Users have complete control over the music that is played, how it is played, and when it is played. This is the modern way of listening to music adapted to all situations and moods. Apple has spent years collecting data so that Siri can respond to slightly more sophisticated commands.
Softwares that offer artificial intelligence options to produce music are the new stunning trend changing the music industry rules. AI is mostly utilized to aid in the development of music. Automated instructions generate sound patterns in order to provide suggestions for harmonic music. AI is also generating ideas that producers or artists turn into tracks. For example, Google’s Magenta provides such a tool with AI assistance for music generation.
People can now enjoy music for a better experience by getting immersed in the sounds and even in the video of that song. Extended Reality (XR) has come into the music world as an innovation for immersive technologies that bridge the physical and virtual worlds. The two most relevant applications for music catalog owners have Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR).
How to Effectively Implement Technology in the Music Field
- Utilize the Ear Trainer App to Train Your Ears: There are even apps to make your music ears more acute. Implement this tech element to practice in several continuous sessions if music is what you are passionate about.
- Utilize Technology to Teach Composition: If you’re a music teacher, show your students how technology and electronics can create harmonic sounds to combine them with instrumentally produced sounds. You should have software and computer skills to know how to accompany songs, but never substitute excessively generated robotic sounds for the lyrics or their natural sounds.
- Enhance Your Performance using Technology: The best usage of technology in music is to increase the performance of apprentices. Tech is very valuable to maximize the quality of sounds and song composition.
- Use Technology at School: Different schools offer various options to give students access to technology. Provide students with software that can help them create personalized productions as their learning processes advance.
- Use the Solfeg.io App to Teach: With this app, you can record and share your performance effortlessly using the option Recording for Solfeg.io. This video recording app is designed for use with the Solfeg.io music education. Students will be able to learn to dominate musical notes by controlling their voice balances when recording complex sounds.
The long-awaited future of music is already here. Technology has turned the music industry into a completely digitized space where songs are now more successful among e-consumers. You can attend schools like General Assembly to learn more about technologies that will impact the music industry.
Get aligned with these latest developments if you’re ready to take your music career path toward a higher level. Music is no longer fully instrumentalized. Nowadays, music is informatically generated with many other elements on the board.