Generally, we see all the iPhones are inbuilt with the apple maps. Just like any other common service on the iPhone, the Apple maps are also a default service when it comes to maps. Google maps are the most preferred map service in the United States of America, But unfortunately, iPhone users cannot set it as the default map service.
- 1 Why Google Maps over Apple Maps? How to make google maps default on iPhone?
- 2 1. Making Chrome your default Web Browser and Gmail your default mail app
- 3 2. How to make google maps default on iPhone using Tweaks?
- 4 Conclusion
Why Google Maps over Apple Maps? How to make google maps default on iPhone?
Why Google Maps over Apple Maps has been people’s preference even though Apple users use only the Apple services? The reason is Google Maps has a lot of information when compared to the Apple Maps, with IOS it may not show everything like how you need and what you need but that is not the case with the Google Maps. They treat themselves as a huge database, when they have included a place in the database they learn about that place with lots of photos of that area in the background.
The street names and the famous points in that place are also available, we can even zoom in to read them, even they add the social websites, reviews, and almost everything related to that place. Google generally crowdsources its data to make it easier for users to get the directions right. Let us see the ways in which we can get the Google Maps as default maps on our iPhone. We can also download maps offline on Google maps which is not available on the iPhone.
1. Making Chrome your default Web Browser and Gmail your default mail app
To get Google Maps as your default map, we need to download Chrome and Gmail from the App store. Since all the Google apps are designed to work flexibly with each other, they offer the best experience.
1.1. Setting Chrome as the default browser
when you tap on the location on the chrome, you will be redirected to Google Maps.
- Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Now check the list of apps you have on your phone and click on Chrome.
- Tap on Default Browser App.
- Select Chrome as your default browser app.
If you want to locate any place on your mobile, if you are using chrome to locate it, it offers both Google and Apple Maps, select the Google Maps.
1.2.Selecting Gmail as your default mail app
You can open a location address if you are using Gmail as your default mail app on your iPhone. Just share the address over the mail and tap on the link to use the Google Maps.
Part-1: We have to set Gmail as your default mail app.
- Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Now check the list of apps you have on your phone and click on Gmail.
- Tap on Default Mail App.
- Select Gmail as your default browser app.
Part-2: Changing the navigation to Google Maps in the Gmail app.
- Open the Gmail application.
- Navigate to the menu options present on the left of the search bar.
- Scroll down all the way to the settings in the menu.
- Tap on default apps.
- Here you can see two options
- Navigate from your location.
- Navigate between locations.
- select Google maps as the default Map for both the options.
Now if we tap on any location address that is sent over Gmail, we will navigate to Google maps. The first thing to make sure of before doing that is to download the three Google apps Maps, Chrome, and Gmail before starting the process. This may not work for every map requirement you want over the phone but will definitely help while you are opening any link using these apps.
Read Also: How do you measure objects using iPhone? – 5 easy ways.
2. How to make google maps default on iPhone using Tweaks?
For using tweaks we need to jailbreak your phone, which is not recommended because it is against the community guidelines of the Apple terms and service. So one thing you need to remember before doing this is your device may be vulnerable to external software, so be careful. You can use tweaks like “Filza File Manager” and “OpenSSH” to make Google Maps as default on your phone. Download these tweaks and install them on your phone to get started. Hope this works for you to set Google Maps as your default Maps.
I hope after reading the above information you may have understood How to make google maps default on iPhone and Why Google Maps over Apple Maps has been preferred by the people even though they mostly use services by apple only. For more iPhone tips and tricks, Search BasicKnowledgeHub.