If you accidentally erased all of your messages on your Samsung phone, no worries, in this article you will learn how to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung mobile. It’s possible that you were the victim of unintentional deletion, an unsuccessful update, or even an unforeseen crash. You’re not out of luck, regardless of the cause.
This blog thoroughly explains how to recover lost SMS from a Samsung phone while also emphasizing the circumstances that might cause significant data loss. Deleted texts on Android are more difficult to recover because of how Android handles them, unlike Gmail, where they are placed in the trash. A message that you remove is set to be replaced with new data. Deleted texts often disappear forever. It’s still possible that they haven’t been overwritten.
Reasons why your SMS was destroyed:
there are many reasons which may cause you to lose your SMS from your device Here are some of them.
1) Being a victim of malware or virus-
The same viruses that infect computers also infect phones. One typical way for phones to become infected is by clicking on a dubious link or file from an unidentified source. Emails, social media communications, and text messages may all contain these attachments. There is a lot to be aware of, and criminals’ methods and strategies are always changing.
2) Setting up a new device or SD card:
When you set up a new device or SD card, your data is wiped, but you can backup content, data, and settings from your phone to your Google Account. You may restore your backup data to the original phone or other Android devices. When you join your Google Account to a pre-configured phone, anything you previously backed up for that Google Account is loaded into the phone. This is when backup comes in handy.
3) Someone else using your phone unintentionally deleted some texts.-
You gave your phone to a child or a toddler to play games or watch YouTube videos, as most people do, and they accidentally deleted all of your text messages, which you discovered later. Now you have nothing to do except be upset and unable to say anything to the youngsters while scouring the internet for how to retrieve texts on phones. This post is definitely for you, my buddy.
Using third-party applications like Google Drive, a mobile service provider, and the Samsung cloud, you may access text messages and data. To let you share your data safely, Google enables you to provide various elements of your Google Account access to third-party applications and services. The firms or developers who make third-party applications and services aren’t affiliated with Google. You may, for instance, use an app to arrange exercises with buddies. This software may request access to your Google Calendar and Contacts to recommend meeting places and times.
How Long Are Text Messages That Have Been Deleted Kept?
How regularly you use the SMS service will mostly affect how long your deleted SMS messages will stay on your phone. The erased SMS messages won’t be accessible for as long as you text often. This is because “deleted” messages are purged from the phone’s memory starting with the newest SMS and working their way backward. The deleted texts will remain on your Android phone for some time. The greatest thing now that they may be readily recovered is that you can recover lost text messages on Android for no cost.
Many of us like to keep copies of the texts we send and receive on our smartphones. The communications may, however, occasionally be erased for several reasons. You must understand how to recover lost text messages on Android. Since many of you might not always have access to a computer, this article will teach you how to recover lost text messages from an Android device without a PC. Since they are just tagged as deleted and become invisible, deleted text messages that are kept on Android devices are not lost. Here it is:
Solutions on how to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung –
You can try the below methods to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung. some of these may work for you and some may work. try each of them until it works.
Retrieve deleted texts on Samsung If your phone has a backup
- Step 1: Navigate to your device’s settings.
- Step 2: Then navigate to Cloud and Accounts or Accounts and Backup on your device.
- Step 3: Click on Samsung cloud and then restore. Make sure you have connected your device with your Samsung account.
- Step 4: There will be a checkbox labeled “Select all”; deselect it, then click on messages, and then restore it now.
- Step 5: Congratulate yourself, and your message will start to heal.
Retrieve deleted texts on Samsung via Google Drive
- Step 1: on your smartphone, go to Google Drive. Users may save and retrieve files online with Google Drive, a free cloud storage service. The Google Drive folder on each device or the Google Drive web app may access files that the user adds to a single folder.
- Step 2: Tap on the menu icon on the top left corner of your Google Drive.
- Step 3: There will be a backup option. Click on it. You will see all the backups there and can choose one to check.
- Step 4: if you have backed up SMS before with your Google account, you can see it on your left.
- Step 5: Go to Settings on your phone and click on about phone.
- Step 6: Find the reset option. Tap on it and choose factory data to reset it. Tap on reset to restore the messages.
Note: If you didn’t back up SMS with Google Drive before, then it will not work for you.
If your phone doesn’t have a backup, then you can proceed as follows:
- Step 1- Run Droidkit on your computer or Mac and connect your Android phone via USB cable.
- Link-https://www.imobie.com/droidkit/?utm_source=imobie_official_channel & utm_medium=youtube_referral & utm_campaign=DK210714 When it comes to Samsung data recovery, DroidKit provides numerous fantastic capabilities, including:
- Preview the deleted text messages on Samsung and select one to recover.
- Get both existing and deleted data back to your device or computer.
- Recover over ten different types of deleted data, including messages, images, audio, contacts, documents, and app files.
- Step 2-choose device recovery from the device and recover the lost data feature.
- Step 3-There will be a “select all checkbox”. Unselect it and click on messages, then click on start. It will start connecting to your device.
- Step 4-after After connecting with the device, select the messages you want to restore.
- Step 5- You can choose to recover them on your device or your computer.
Using Samsung Cloud to Retrieve deleted texts on Samsung:
A storage facility called Samsung Cloud Drive is devoted to preserving your information in the exact location you need it, wherever you are. With Samsung Cloud, a cloud storage service that enables you to save applications, music, and other stuff online and access them from any device, it is possible to create data backups and free up local storage space on your Samsung smartphone.
- Step 1- Go to “Settings” after unlocking your Samsung handset.
- Step 2- Scroll down and choose “Cloud and Account” before selecting “Samsung Cloud.”
- Step 3- Once you’ve accessed the Samsung cloud, click “Messages” and then “Trash.”
- Step 4- Click the “Restore Now” button after selecting the “SMS” you wish to recover.
Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from Cell Phone Carriers on a Samsung
Many mobile phone providers keep their customers’ text messages, call records, and other sensitive information for three to six months. As a result, your phone carrier may help you recover the lost text on your Samsung. However, cellular service companies like AT & T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and others primarily acquire your personal information for political reasons. Restoring the lost Samsung SMS in this manner could be challenging. Additionally, you might have to pay for it. However, you may test it by visiting the website of your cellular operator and looking for the discussions in your Samsung text messages. For assistance, you may get in touch with their customer service.
Using the FoneDog Toolkit:
For Android lost text recovery, FoneDog is free. Link to download-https://www.fonedog.com/download/fonedog-android-toolkit.exe
- Step 1- Launch the FoneDog Toolkit for Android Data Recovery.
- Step 2- Turn on USB Debugging.
- Step 3- Select Android Messages to Recover.
- Step 4- Obtain Permission.
- Step 5- Preview and restore deleted Android messages.
Read Also: How to text someone who blocked you.
How can I avoid losing data once more?
Always have a backup of your messages and other data so that you can retrieve them easily. Nowadays, the cloud is where the most sensitive or crucial data is kept. Thankfully, it’s incredibly simple to accomplish that using Google Drive or Samsung Cloud. Once a day is OK! You may choose how often you want to back up your messages, and it could be a good idea to check your settings once every few months. Additionally, Samsung devices come with built-in spam filters that make it simple to stop unwanted text messages.
Yes, you can receive your text messages returned, but occasionally that doesn’t happen. However, today’s digital world offers so many characteristics that we can nearly always restore what we lost. Every device has a backup, and our phone’s file manager, internal storage, and Google Drive all keep track of all the data on it. Samsung has a similar function to Samsung Cloud.
There is still hope if you did not enable Google Drive backup on your phone. You may still rely on a few market-available Android data recovery applications. Among others, PhoneRescue and Dr. Fone Android Data Recovery are two of the most well-known of these programs. After installing these applications, you’ll discover that they are mostly self-explanatory and function similarly to searching your phone for deleted data, including text messages. These programs are pricey, though, and there is no assurance that they will work again.
The most widely used operating system is Android, and several recovery apps have focused on this OS to ensure that the majority of users worldwide won’t experience severe data loss. One of its best recovery applications, FoneDog Toolkit-Android Data Recovery, has helped millions of Android users worldwide. This program has been demonstrated to be completely reliable, secure, and safe.