Samsung Error 116 – 11 The Best method to fix it.
Technology and malfunctioning devices are two interconnected aspects that can affect anyone who has a smartphone, a desktop, or maybe even a smart TV. When utilizing any of these devices for the majority of the season, it is nearly difficult to get an issue-free real-life experience. When you have had a Samsung TV for a time, you have probably encountered an error message saying “Samsung error 116“, which we will demonstrate to you what to do to resolve. On Samsung smart TVs, various mistakes are indicated by a different code. Let us just look for what error code 116 is and why we need to follow the measures necessary to fix it.
We have covered all the tutorials related to the article:
- Zoom on Samsung TV: Zooming and Zoom App Both Covered
- Change Language on Samsung TV
- Cast Samsung Phone to Samsung TV and many more.
What is the meaning of Samsung Error Code 116?
The majority of issues regarding Samsung Smart TVs are caused by poor internet access. You may receive an error code on the TV, although in this instance it is a 116, for a myriad of purposes. You do not have to be concerned if something occurs. So, what then is the meaning of error code 116?
The most common cause of Fault code 116 on a Samsung Smart TV is an API Management error so much with the Smart Hubs devices. This implies that the Smart Hub seems to be unable to connect to the network and stream media to the Television. This occurs when the connection is inadequate and the smart hub is unable to gain access to the network.
A Samsung Smart TV’s smart hub is an application that enables viewers to browse and find Television networks, episodes, and films. If users wish to repair an error 116 on the Samsung smart TV, keep in mind the smart hub is linked to the internet in general and that the databases can be accessed.
Don’t miss: Samsung secret codes
How to Fix Samsung Tv Error 116
The following are some extremely simple measures to do. Execute these steps to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Cold Boot SAMSUNG SMART TV
Cold booting the television differs from merely switching it on and off. Once users switch it off, it goes into stand-by mode. A cold boot turns off the Television and restarts it, similar to how a computer is restarted. It can fix problems with applications, menu malfunctions, and visual abnormalities, among other things.
1. With the help of remote-
Using the remote control
The much more common method is to press and hold the Power button on the control till the television goes off and on immediately. It should require no more than 5 seconds.
2. With the plug installed
If users don’t have a remote, disconnect the TV first from the power socket or surge guard for 30 seconds before plugging it back on.
Allow enough time for those other equipment connected into a surge suppressor (including such your network) to charge up and reattach before trying any features on the Television.
Method 2: Internet Connection
To do the same, simply go with the following simple stages:
Step 1:Try and make sure the router is fitted correctly with all of the cords.
Step 2:Reboot the wireless network by disconnecting it just for approximately a minute before connecting it straight back in.
Step 3:To test the router’s operation, attach any internet-enabled equipment. If the connection is working, it could be due to the Smart TV, and if that is not, then users might want to double-check the gateway.
Recommend consulting the internet service company if the wireless network is unable to link with the internet. Nevertheless, if you have tested the internet and it all appears to be in order, but the error number 116 persists, you should try upgrading the program.
Method 3: Reset Smart Hub
- Step 1:Using the tv remote, tap the Home button.
- Step 2:Go to and choose Settings by using the arrow button on the tv remote.
- Step 3:Choose Support from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4:Choose Device Care.
- Step 5:Choose Self-Diagnosis.
- Step 6:Choose Reset Smart Hub from the menu.
- Step 7:Input the TV’s PIN code.
- Step 8:The Smart Hub has been reactivated.
Method 4: Restart your Router
If your internet access is inconsistent, adjusting the network configuration on your Smart Tv can be a minimal scenario. To reset the Internet router, follow these steps:
- Step 1:Turn off the Internet router.
- Step 2:Consider turning it on after 10 minutes.
- Step 3:These settings will be responsible for ensuring the router.
- Step 4:Reconnect to the Samsung TV if necessary.
- Step 5:Join the wireless connection if it is available, and then continue viewing. If the issue persists, we should try a different Connection to the internet.
Method 5: Delete unnecessary apps on your tv
In the TV’s settings, select:
- Step 1:Navigate to Settings from the Android Based television Home screen.
- Step 2:Choose Applications from the “Device” menu.
- Step 3:Select the application users would like to uninstall from the “Downloaded apps” section.
- Step 4:Uninstall is selected, followed by OK.
On the Google Play Store:
- Step 1:Launch the Google Play Store on the Android smart Television.
- Step 2:Locate the programme or application that you would like to remove.
- Step 3:Uninstall is the option to choose.
Method 6: Clear cache
Cleaning application data on a Samsung TV set is comparable to cleaning the trash on a smartphone. You will have to perform the procedure for each application on the gadget. See how to Clear Cache on Samsung TV.
This is how you do it:
- Step 1:Using the Samsung smart TV’s controller, press the Home button.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Step 3:Applications should be chosen.
- Step 4:Navigate to the System applications folder.
- Step 5:Select the programme with which you would really like to erase the cache.
- Step 6:Select “Clear cache” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 7:To agree, press OK.
The caches for that application will be deleted immediately. Nevertheless, if you have not performed this one in a long time, it may take a bit more time to finish.
Method 7: Update Samsung Smart Tv
The error code 116 can sometimes be generated by out-of-date software. Consider upgrading the Samsung Smart TV prior to calling a specialist.
To do the same, begin by:
- Step 1:With the TV remote, click the “Menu” key.
- Step 2:Choose “support” from the “options” menu.
- Step 3:Pick “update now” under “Software update.”
- Step 4:The Samsung Smart TV will start looking for upgrades.
If somehow the Samsung TV has completed upgrading, Error code 116 should really be resolved.
Method 8: activate wired internet
The advantages of a connected connection
It is indeed easy to install – simply plug it in.
It delivers the best secure connection — no congestion should occur while any viewing.
It’s significantly faster than Wi-Fi.
How to Make a Connection
- Step 1:Here on the rear of the Television, look for the Ethernet connection.
- Step 2:Plug the router’s Ethernet connection to the Television’s Ethernet port.
- Step 3:On the TV’s control, navigate to Menu, after which Network Settings, next choose the choice to activate wired internet.
- Step 4:And use the buttons on the remote, enter the Wi-Fi passcode.
Method 9:Change Your Modem
None of the above-mentioned methods work, then first check your modem on other TV, if it still not working then you need to Change Your Modem.
Method 10: Factory Reset
Select Settings after pressing the Home button just on the Tv remote.
Then after that choose the support option from the drop-down box.
- Choose Self-Diagnosis.
- Choose Reset.
- Input the television’s PIN code.
A caution notification will display on the Factory Reset page. By using the remote’s arrow buttons, choose to Agree, and afterward click Enter.
Please feel free to contact the Chat Customer Service team whenever you need to change the Network Configuration on the Television or have missed the Password to accomplish a Factory Data Reset.
Method 11: Contact Service Center
At last, if you are still not able to figure out the matter then try to contact Samsung support for further assistance or else get some expert technician to resolve the issue.
Why does the Samsung TV refuse to connect to a network?
A smart TV that is not even connected to the internet is really not smart. In this scenario, error number 116 indicates that this Samsung Smart Television is really not hooked up to the internet and also that the wireless communication is still not strong enough to carry the signal. So what’s the deal with the Samsung smart TV not being able to connect to the internet?
Since it is not really identifying the wireless access point properly, the Samsung TV is just not accessing the network or is dropping internet service frequently. It could also be due to outdated software or the necessity for a restore on the Samsung Tv. This could potentially result in a loss of connectivity.
It could also be the consequence of a more major problem, such as the MAC address malfunctioning or the router’s DNS configuration, which would require specialist knowledge to resolve. If this is really the situation, one should contact an experienced TV technician to avoid having the smart gadget malfunction.
How can one could Resolve a Network problem on A Samsung smart TV?
The very first stage in resolving the Samsung Smart Television network problem is to ensure that the connection is up and running. Thankfully, even though this is the initial occasion, the firm made it more convenient for anyone to explore and establish the wireless connection.
Follow the below instructions to link to the wireless router:
- Step 1: Select “settings” on the Samsung Smart TV Control and hit ok.
- Step 2:Select “Network” from the “General” menu.
- Step 3:Choose “Open Network Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4:Search for the Wireless Router’s id and tap OK.
- Step 5:Select “Done” after which “Ok” after entering the network password.
If the Samsung Smart TV still exhibits congestion in the network after connecting to the wireless network, you will really have to repair the system.
Error codes are inconvenient, and they will prevent you from enjoying your smart television. If users have tried all of this in an effort to fix Error code 116 on the gadget but it still does not work, I would say you are dealing with a technical issue. One can bring the Samsung smart TV to a certified service center to have it mended and up and operating again.
A factory reset will return the Samsung smart Tv to its default configuration. If you have started looking at the connection and trying to make sure that there is enough connection, and as well as upgrading the television’s software, however, the problem number persists, this really is crucial.
To conduct a factory reset, follow the below instructions:
Step 1: Choose “support” from the “Menu” tab, after which “Enter.”
Step 2: Click “Enter” after selecting “Self Diagnosis.”
Step 3: “Reset” is selected, followed by “Enter.”
Step 4: Type the standard Code, which is “0000,” and then choose “Yes” to indicate that you would really like to reset.
If users forget the PIN after changing it, turn off the Samsung Smart Television and hit the following keys on the control to reset it. Mute, 8, 2, 4, Power.