Android Notification Sound
We all know about the Android Notification Sound that we receive on our smartphones and what they do. As time passes, this simple feature becomes boring and uninteresting. In this article, we’re going to look at how you can alter it and numerous other fascinating things.
Do you want to alter the sound that you hear on notifications on your android phone? Find out how to modify it within less than five minutes. Learn how to make use of any MP3 file to play an alert sound. Find out what is a the global notification sound and how it’s being employed. If you’d like to read more informative articles take a look at our site. To see more of our content, go to our YouTube page.
Whatever you’re seeking to accomplish in terms of your notification sound We have you covered with this article. The steps are detailed and will assist you to create custom notifications, and other fascinating options. We’ll see how easy items can help make our smartphones stand out from all the others. Let’s explore our experience with the Android Notification Sound feature given by Google.
How to turn on and off Android Notification Sound
In this article, we will look at the steps to follow so that we can switch audio notifications on and off. If you’re already having a hard time with the procedure then skip this part.
Follow the steps below to turn off the sound and off in the Android device:
- Open your device, then click “Settings” Then search for “Accessibility” and click it.
- After opening it after that, tap “Sound notification” and then tap “Open the sound notifications”.
- If you’d like to initiate with the sound Notification then just use the shortcut for Sound Notification (2-finger move up).
- The sound alert must be turned on, you can use the same method to turn off the sound alert.
Note: If your device is running an earlier version of Android it is possible to make use of Google Assistant to turn sound notifications off. You can also utilize the Google assistant to stop any sound notifications.
How can I change the default global notification sounds for Android?
One thing that Android is well-known for is its ability to allow users to modify their apps to suit their requirements. Global notification sounds are ones you hear when receiving texts or alerts. It is possible to change the global sound notification in only a few steps. The feature was first introduced in Android Oreo (Android 8). Follow the steps listed below to alter the sound of notifications to the Android device:
- Start your phone and go to Settings. Look for “Apps and notification” as well as “Notification Sounds”.
- If you spot it, tap it, then search for “Notification” then open it.
- Scroll down to look to find “Advanced” settings. Open it, and you’ll find “Default Notification Sounds” at the end of the list.
- On this page, you can browse an array of sounds, and choose any one you’d like. Download any MP3 file on the internet and set it as the notification sound. There are different sounds for different notifications.
You have now successfully altered the default sound of notification and you know how to alter it at any time you like. If you’d like to alter the sound that you hear when you call, look into a different section.
How do I change the sound of notification for each app?
Unfortunately, the majority of apps don’t allow users to alter the sound of notifications from within their applications. The good news is that Android gives us an answer to this problem.
You can alter the notification sound for any app through the settings with no hassle. We can also make different tones for every app. This lets you aware of which app the notification is associated with every time it is heard.
You can, for instance, create a notification sound for Instagram while the other one is for Facebook. You will no longer need to check your phone over and over again, to see which app the notification was sent from.
Follow the steps below to alter the sounds of notification for your apps:
- Open your phone, then go to “Settings” and then look for “Apps and notifications” beneath it.
- Start it, and then look for “Recently opened Apps” If you’re not able to view any messages from the app you’re looking for, then click “See every app”.
- When you have found the app, you can tap “Notifications” followed by “Advanced”. Under”Advances”, search for “Sound” and follow the steps. The steps will be identical for the various apps.
- Then, open the default sound library , and from the list you can select any sound you like. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to download any MP3 file you’d like to use. preference.
Note: Instagram and other apps come with various kinds of notifications, they are different in their types. This lets us create different sounds for every kind of notification, for example, for DMs, calls post activity and much more. Now you have a better idea of how to select various sounds for each application and within the application. Different sounds for different types of notifications.
Apps that have a built-in android notification sound option
In this article, we will discuss the apps that offer this feature of changing the notifications sound built-in. You can also alter the notification sound the app itself and do not need to go into settings.
We will take a look at the example of Facebook because it is widely used and the majority of users use it on their mobiles.
Follow the steps below to alter the sound of notifications in the application:
- Open your phone, then open “Facebook” The steps could differ as the application’s User Interface (User Interface) is updated numerous times.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top right-hand edge of your screen and scroll down until you find “Settings and Privacy”.
- In your drop-down menu scroll into the notifications section. Then click to select “Notification Settings”.
- Check the “Where You Get Notifications” section, then tap “Push to> tones”. Then, from there, you can choose the notification tone you like and change it. You will be able to choose one notification from the selection provided within the application.
NOTE: The settings are going to differ in each app, therefore you’ll be required to manually check whether the app offers the option to enable it.
How to add Custom Notification Sounds
We will now look at the steps needed to set the customized notification sound. In the previous article, Android and apps don’t allow users to make their own sound. Users are limited only to the ones available to them and cannot make use of MP3 as a ringtone for calls.
In order to achieve this, we’re using an external application, however, you can also make your own custom sound files from any MP3.
The first step is to install the app on your smartphone, click below for Zedge to download. Zedge is an app for wallpapers and ringtones that lets you customize notifications for no cost. You can create custom sounds from any MP3 file with ease.
Change the sound of notifications using Zedge
Before we begin the steps, be aware that the app is free and includes all features for just three days. After this time you’ll need to purchase the premium plan or continue on using the no-cost version. The free version doesn’t have all features and comes with advertisements.
Follow the steps listed below to utilize Zedge. Zedge application:
- Start your phone , then start Zedge by tapping on the menu in the upper right corner.
- From the menu , click on “Notification sounds” You can now look through the library to find the different notifications available.
- Click on the notification sound you like, and then tap the “Set notification” button.
- When you press the button, the sound will be the default notification sound on your device. But, this means you won’t be able select the different sound for every app.
Note: The application will request permission to modify the settings of your system. This can be a source of concern for many , and you should look for a solution to this. There are a variety of apps in the Play store that provide additional options for customization and features. Move into the following section to stay clear of apps from third parties.
Customizing notification sounds by using media files
In this section, we will look at how to use the contents of any MP3 file to make an individual notification sound. Additionally, you should employ this method if you’re looking to avoid third-party apps. The disadvantages of using third-party applications are described in the earlier section.
Follow the steps below to set the MP3 to be a notification sound:
- (Optional) (Optional): Start the phone, then connect to your desktop or laptop using a USB cable. Open the phone’s memory to copy your MP3 file from your laptop to the phone. Download your MP3 direct from the internet.
- We will now make the MP3 file to be the sound used for global notifications.
- Click on “Settings” after which search for “Apps and notifications” and then open it.
- From here , click the button “Notifications” as well as scroll until you can locate “Advanced”.
- Then, tap to “Default Notification Sound” followed by tapping “Ringtone using internal memory”.
- Select the file that we have just transferred or downloaded, then tap “Set the file”.
What are the best sound a device will detect?
We know for a fact the devices we use are constantly listening to us, they use this information to promote advertisements. However, Google gives us the ability to choose what sounds that the device is able to detect. This is more secure than nothing and can give us some protection.
Follow the steps below to alter the sounds that the device is able to detect:
- Open your phone, then go to “Settings” and look to “Accessibility”.
- Then, open it and look at “Sound notification” Now tap “Open Sound notification” and then “Settings”.
- We can select the sounds the device will detect. These sounds include smoke alarms and fire alarms.
- Baby is making sounds
- Doorbells go off
- Dog barks
- Appliance sounds beeps
- Water running
- Landline phone rings
- Simply select the sound and set the sound settings to save.
How do you stop the automatic download notification sounds?
Sometimes, notifications can be irritating to our nerves. This is particularly true when it’s related to something we don’t have to be aware of. In the Play Store, Play Store sends you multiple notifications to check the state that the update is scheduled to take place. The simplest solution is to disable all notifications that are sent by on the Play Store. However, there’s a more effective option. It is possible to disable notifications about updates. Follow these steps to disable automatic update notifications:
- Navigate to “Settings” within your mobile. Look for “Apps and notifications”.
- Click to “See every app” and search at “Play Store” and then open it. Be sure to view the settings of the application.
- Tap on “Notifications” followed by switch off the slider to “Updates available” as well as “Update completed”.
- The auto-update notifications should be disabled and you should be able to relax about this.
How do you decide how to be notified
We will go over the steps we need to follow so that we can alter the methods we receive the notifications. Follow the steps below to alter the settings:
- Start your phone and then open “Settings” and look at “Accessibility”.
- Then, open it and look at “Sound notification” Then, tap “Open Sound notification” and then “Settings”.
- Then, tap “Notification preference” and select the way you would like to receive the notification.
- Flashing light
- Notify connected watches.
In this article, we discussed how to alter the sound that notifications sound and then customize it to meet our requirements. Remember the fact that not every app provide the ability to support in-app Android notification sound settings. If you want to determine if an app supports it, you must manually verify the settings. It is always recommended to use the Android settings to make any security modifications to the system.