You’re not alone if you lose your Samsung mobile and are wondering how to find it. In this article, you’ll learn how to do it. Smartphones have become an integral component of our lives over time. Mobile phones are a central part of our lives. They serve as our primary source of information and also contain a lot of sensitive data. Our web logs and how we respond.
Click events and rent ads are two examples of information that can be found on our smartphones. The media that we store here is sensitive data, not to be forgotten. These media also include all of our bank details, emails, and contacts. This data should be kept secret. It is obvious that the data in a smartphone’s memory is much more costly than the phone itself.
Our mobile devices are so important that we all know how devastating it can be to lose one. Apps that assist in finding a lost smartphone have been developed by independent developers and agencies. However, these apps are not available to all users and require root access. Privacy issues mean that they won’t be a popular choice. As a solution to this problem, many smartphone manufacturers have integrated remote-recovery software that can be used to retrieve a lost device. Samsung’s Find My Mobile initiative for Galaxy devices is an example. How exactly does this feature work? How do we activate this feature? Is it possible to remotely control your devices using this feature? These questions, and many more will be answered in this article. Find My Mobile Samsung.
What is Find My Mobile on Samsung?
Samsung offers an inbuilt feature called Find My Mobile that allows you to find the precise location of your registered Galaxy device. This feature would need to be activated through your Samsung accounts. You can activate this feature to perform a wide range of functions whenever your phone is lost. You can also choose to unlock the device remotely. This is useful if your password locks are forgotten. This gives you the ability to remotely control your device in case it gets lost or is not within your reach. Send Live Location is another option. You can choose to send your location live whenever your battery levels drop below a certain point. In terms of personal safety and security, it would be wise to choose this option, especially when traveling at odd times.
Offline Finding is an alternative option you can use to turn on your Galaxy device from the Find My Mobile app. This option allows you to find your device even if it is not connected to the internet. This option is important in the case that your mobile isn’t available in an area with internet access or when your data package is finished.
This feature can be used via the internet to retrieve your device if it is stolen. Samsung’s Find My Mobile function is undoubtedly a gamechanger. You can use this feature to not only locate your device easily, but also to protect your data from being stolen thanks to the numerous security options. Let’s now learn how to use this feature in your Samsung devices.
How can I activate the Find My Mobile feature
You will need to enable the Find My Mobile feature on your Samsung Galaxy before you can enjoy the full benefits. Once the feature is enabled, you will be able to access the web to take control of your device. You can track your device’s location and control it. These steps will enable Find My Mobile.
- Go to Settings, and choose the Privacy and Security options.
- You will see the Locate My Mobile option.
- Turn On The Find My Mobile feature. This will prompt you to log in through your Samsung account.
- If you do not yet have a Samsung Account, you’ll need to create one. To do this, go to Settings>> Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts.
- After you have created your Samsung account, the Find My Mobile Feature can be turned on on your Galaxy.
- After the feature is turned on, you will have several options to choose from. These options are Remote Unlocking, Send Last Place, and Offline Locating. These options are already in use.
- Allow the custom options to be set up according to your needs and you’re ready!
Once you’ve enabled Find My Mobile on your Galaxy device, it should be easy to feel at ease. No matter what happens to your device you can locate it back, or you can erase all data from it so that there is no data theft.
How do you track your mobile phone when it is lost?
You may have lost your mobile phone. One of two scenarios could occur: you lost it and can’t recall where, or your phone has been stolen. The Find My Mobile feature can help you in any case. Let’s start by accessing the internet via a mobile device or laptop.
Ring Your Mobile
This feature allows your device to ring at the maximum volume for a minute. It doesn’t matter whether your phone is in silent mode or vibrating mode; the ring will still occur. This is the best way to locate your phone if you are certain that your mobile has been lost. Follow these steps to activate this feature.
- Go to Samsung’s page Find My Mobile.
- The prompt will appear to Sign In To Your Samsung account.
Log Into your Samsung account
- After logging in, all physical details for your Galaxy device will be displayed, including the exact location, last active times, and more.
- Click on the ring option link in the remote management menu.
- A confirmation popup will be displayed. Click on .
- Your device will begin to ring once you have clicked. You can now locate your device quickly.
Track Your Device
This is what you need in case your device is stolen. You will be able see the live location of your device, updated every 15 mins. These are the steps you need to follow in order to use this feature.
- After logging into the Samsung Find My Mobile page click on the Location option in the provided panel.
- Click To Start. This will update your address automatically after every fifteen minutes.
- After you have entered your location, your device will be available to you.
How do you secure your mobile remotely?
You can also use the Find My Mobile feature to remotely manage your device. Two other options are available to protect your data from manipulation. Let’s see how they work.
Lock your device
This feature allows you unlock your device even if it is not physically accessible. It blocks sensitive apps like Samsung Pay, disables biometrics and blocks them if there are any. The lock screen will display a customized emergency number so that people can reach you if they locate your phone. This is an extremely useful feature. Let’s go through the steps to activate it.
- After logging into the Samsung Find My Mobile page click on the lockoption within the remote management panel.
- In the confirmation pop-up click Next.
- To lock your device, you will need to enter a temporary 4-digit pin .
- You can also add a custom number to your emergency contact list and a message.
- After you have filled in all data, click lock.
- Now your device will be locked. The emergency number as well as the message displayed on the lock screen will be displayed.
Remove your data
To make your device even more secure, you can choose not to store any data on it. To ensure that your phone is safe, you can choose to erase all data on your mobile. This feature allows you to erase any of your bank details, emails and contacts. You can activate this feature by doing the following:
- After you have logged in to Samsung’s Find My Mobile webpage, click the Erase button in the remote management panel.
- An security verification key will then be sent to your email. Enter the code and click verify.
- You will see a confirmation pop-up. To confirm, click Erase.
- After that, factory reset will apply to your device. All your data will be erased.
Important: Before you delete any data, ensure that you have a backup. The next section will show you how to do this remotely.
How do you remotely manage your mobile device?
The Find My Mobile function is not complete. You’d be surprised! You can track your device and lock or erase any data on your device. This feature also allows remote management of your device. You can view your recent calls and messages and create a backup before permanently erasing them. Let’s now see how to use them.
Access Calls and Messages
- After logging into the Samsung Find My Mobile page click on the Retrieve Calls/messages link in the remote-management panel.
- An security verification key will then be sent to your email. Enter the code and click verify.
- You will see a confirmation pop-up. Click on Retrieve for confirmation.
- You can now see your 50 latest calls and messages .
Create a backup
- After logging into Samsung’s Find My Mobile webpage, click the backup option in the remote management panel.
- Select the data that you want to back up and then click Back It Up.
- Check the option in the popup and click Back up.
- Now all your data will be saved in the Samsung Cloud. You can access it later via your Samsung Account.
Power Saving Mode
- After logging into the Samsung Find My Mobile page click on the Extended Battery Life button in the remote management panel.
- Next, click on the Extension option.
- This will allow your device to operate at its maximum power saving mode. While this mode is active, you will not be able backup your device’s data.
- After logging into the Samsung Find My Mobile page click on the Set Guardiansoption within the remote management panel.
- View the Terms and Conditions and click on agree.
- Click on the “Add a Guardian”option. Enter their Samsung Account. Click on Verify.
- The guardians’ duration can be set between Always and Personal. The custom option should include the start and finish dates.
- Now, you can add a guardian who can also remotely access your device
We came across this amazing feature from Samsung, called Find My Mobile. It is available for Galaxy devices. This feature allows users to remotely control their mobile devices and locate their mobile devices. This feature locks and erases all data on the device, making it safer. It is a significant step towards data security and privacy. Simply register using your Samsung Account, select your desired settings and you are good to go.
Next time you lose your phone, don’t worry about your memory. Instead, think about where it was stored and who might have stolen it. You can log in to your Samsung account by visiting the official site and choose from a variety of ways to access your Galaxy phone. I hope you found this article helpful and that it clarified how to use the various functions.