Spotify is a prominent digital music-playing service that Android owners and others enjoy using. Spotify offers both a free and a paid version of its software. However, when contrasted to the premium, its free version lacks several functions. If you are a Spotify premium subscriber, then you may also want to discontinue the account at some point. There could be any number of reasons for this like why does my Spotify keep pausing, including the fact that users have chosen another provider or that we will no longer be capable of affording the expense. The methods to quit Spotify Premium are easy to follow and do not take that long. But keep in mind that users can not terminate Spotify’s subscriptions via smartphone or desktop apps. There may be a reason that
This post will tell users how to terminate the Spotify Premium membership with one’s Apple ID membership or on the Spotify webpage by using an internet browser. Notwithstanding the many advantages of Spotify Premium, also including offline streaming capability and limitless services to a massive music collection, many users may want to discontinue their membership. There are a variety of causes for this, including the fact that people no longer play songs on a routine basis or that you wish to try out other music streaming services. It is simple to cancel your subscription! All you have to do now is comply with the requirements outlined beneath.
What is the purpose of Spotify’s premium membership?
If you have ever used the Spotify application on any android cell phone (or another gadget), you are undoubtedly already acquainted with how it operates. The free service allows you to choose from a restricted number of tracks and browse collections. You will view advertisements while listening to music, and one can replay these.
If you really want to subscribe to Spotify’s premium membership, users will have access to more and more options. Here are a few of the benefits of a paid membership:
- Advantage 1: There are no pop-up advertisements.
- Advantage 2: Skips and limitless music
- Advantage 3: On just about any gadget, users can listen to music.
- Advantage 4: Make a collection of music.
- Advantage 5: Downloading music to listen to later.
Solution 1: How to cancel Spotify Premium on an Android device
The Spotify application conceals the option to terminate the premium subscription program. This is one of the main cons of using Spotify on Android. One may also argue that there is no option to discontinue the premium subscription from within the Spotify application. However, this does not preclude anyone from canceling their premium subscription via your Android device. On an Android cell phone or tablet, you will need to use a different method to terminate the Spotify Premium subscription.
- Step 1: Open the internet browser application on the Android cell phone and then navigate to “spotify.com/account.”
- Step 2: Join in to a Spotify profile entering the email address and passcode. Visitors can also use their Facebook credentials to log in.
- Step 3: Slide through to Your plan on the account screen and click Change plan.
- Step 4: You will find the various packages below; scroll to the bottom to the Spotify Free column and click Cancel Premium.
- Step 5: To withdraw, click the Continue button on the following page.
- Step 6: Lastly, on the Cancel premium screen, click the “Yes, discontinue” icon to terminate the Spotify premium subscription.
Solution 2: How to cancel Spotify Premium service on desktop web browser
One might indeed also cancel Spotify Premium subscription using a cell phone or desktop computer. To terminate the premium subscription, go to Spotify’s web page. There is no option to terminate Spotify services on the cell phone or pc versions of the software.
Join in to the Spotify profile and read the instructions under to terminate Spotify Premium from a computer internet browser or web player.
- Step 1: Log in to the account at “spotify.com/account” on the gadget (computer, Android cell phone, or iPhone).
- Step 2: A login choice can be seen in the top-right region of the window on a desktop internet browser. Choose the login button from the contextual menu (three horizontal bars) symbol on the cell phone web browser.
- Step 3: After you have logged into the Spotify profile, do the following:
- Navigate to the account settings, hit the hamburger symbol on the cell phone, and select the profile from the list of possibilities.
- Step 4: Choose the account choice from the profile icon in the desktop pc internet browser.
- Step 5: Modify the plan by tapping or clicking on the Change plan tab.
- Step 6: On the following window, navigate to the bottom to Spotify Free and select the Cancel Premium option.
- Step 7: In the following window, you may see what you will miss if we terminate the Spotify Premium membership. The outstanding subscription options can be found at the bottom of the page. To progress, select the Cancel Continue option.
- Step 8: You will be sent to the last page, Cancel Premium. To verify the cancel decision on this page, hit the Yes cancel option.
- Step 9: Lastly, validate the termination procedures by clicking Yes, cancel. The profile would then return to a free Spotify profile.
How to Unsubscribe from Spotify Premium Using Your Apple ID
If users have an iPhone and have registered to Spotify accounts via the Apple Application Center, one can terminate their subscription using the iPhone’s Apple ID preferences.
- Step 1: Launch the iPhone or iPad’s Preferences application.
- Step 2: There at the top of the Settings page, click on the Apple ID.
- Step 3: Click the Subscriptions button just on the Apple ID screen.
- Step 4: Locate and choose Spotify from the subscription proposal’s menu.
- Step 5: Then, on the Spotify site, pick Cancel Subscription.
How to get rid of your Spotify account?
Users might not want to keep their profile here after canceling their Spotify paid subscription. Users might be considering permanently canceling their Spotify service.If users cancel existing Spotify Premium membership, it will be converted to a Free version, which will offer users entrance to all of the existing saved songs and songs. Users will, however, remove all of the playlists if you remove the account!
The procedures to delete any Spotify account (using a computer search engine) are as follows:
- Step 1: Log into the Spotify account and click Support from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Select Account Help from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3:Close your account is located at the bottom of that page.
- Step 4: Select under Close your account button underneath the option Do not have premium.
- Step 5: After that, pick “I wish to close my account” from the Accounts area.
- Step 6: Then at the bottom left, select Close Account.
- Step 7: The very next page questions whether you are certain you want to delete your account;
- Step 8: select Close Account once more.
- Step 9: Spotify brings up a few concerns about the account’s termination. Tick the box next to “I Understand”
- Step 10: and then hit “Continue.”
- Step 11: Spotify gives you a success message to the email address associated with your account.
- Step 12: Users have 24 hours to tap on the Spotify link to prevent their account from being closed.
- Step 13: Next, select Close My Account from the drop-down menu.
How to fix “unable to cancel Spotify premium”
No chance for a change strategy? if you are unable to alter the approach. This shows that the package is linked to a partner program company, including the cell phone or internet supplier.
Search for the URL to the agreement on Spotify under the Payment method. One can review them and make an effort to alter or cancel the plan. Alternatively, you can contact them to discuss the same.
Observe the supporting material as well:
If users bought the membership from a company apart from Spotify, users must contact them in order to block it.
Substitute to Spotify
If you are searching for a replacement for Spotify’s music broadcasting offering, there are a plethora of music streaming service applications to choose from.
Just about every music streaming provider has distinct features that set it apart from the competition. Here we are going to suggest different music streaming platforms available nowadays and therefore you can go with any one of these and enjoy your music streaming.
Alternative 1: YouTube Music
Music on YouTube
The YouTube Music application is a Google product that anybody can rely on. It gives you access to millions and millions of licensed tracks from around the globe. It features musical concerts, edits, and music material, among other things. With song recommendations, users can make their own personalized soundtrack. The YouTube Music streaming service consists of the following components:
- Advantage 1: Keep up with the latest music trends and find new songs.
- Advantage 2: With its distinctive traits, it improves music listening expertise.
- Advantage 3: Provides tailored music based on the current situation.
- Advantage 4: Premium solutions are accessible to experience ad-free browsing.
Alternative 2: Apple Music
Apple Music is a service that allows you to listen
Apple Music is a music listening platform for Android cell phones from Apple. Apple Music is among the most famous and greatest music streaming services for Android cell phones that enjoy collecting music and aren’t interested in viewing movies or listening to communal mixes. The favorite artist’s music and creative content are available in millions of songs.
Alternative 3: Amazon Music
Amazon Music (formerly Amazon MP3) is a music listening service and a digital music shop run by Amazon. Amazon had “over 2 million tracks including over 180,000 musicians from more than 20,000 companies” when it first launched.
Note It is obvious that users can discontinue the Spotify premium service at any time. However, users will not be able to reestablish (or revive) the account with that original user id if you delete it forever (or email).
So in this blog, I have tried to cover almost all the possible ways to delete your Spotify premium. You can choose the method which suits you best. Although there are many alternatives available in the app store. So just go and vibe with the one which fits you perfectly. I hope this blog has solved your query regarding the Spotify premium plan.