Transferring files from a phone to a desktop can be done in many ways and is also a very simple and fast method. You may want to empty some space on your phone, or you might be editing those on your Mac book. The reason could be anything for sharing the files, but the best way of sharing those files depends on the amount of data you are sharing. In this Article, You Will Learn How to transfer file between iPhone and Mac using many different methods. Please read the article till the end.
The below listed are some of the easiest and safest ways to transfer files from iPhone to Mac Book. A USB cable allows wired transmission and the Airdrop allows you to have wireless transmission. we can also transfer using some messaging application by sending over the files to their contact or E-mail. The other way is using iCloud, but it needs to be set up first on both devices. Google Drive can also be useful as it comes with free storage of 15 GB.
- 1 1. Use Image Capture and USB cable to transfer file between iPhone and Mac
- 2 2. Using Airdrop
- 3 3. transfer file between iPhone and Mac using Cloud Services
- 4 4. Email
- 5 5. transfer file between iPhone and Mac using Messaging Applications
- 6 Conclusion
1. Use Image Capture and USB cable to transfer file between iPhone and Mac
This method does not require downloading any external apps on your device.
1.1. Enabling “Keep Originals.”
- The first step is to enable the “Keep Originals” option on your iPhone.
- To do that, go to settings and scroll all the way down to photos.
- In that section, you can see the “transfer to MAC or PC” option. By default, it will be automatic.
- Just tick on Keep Originals to get started with the transferring process.
Now take a USB cable, it will be much better to use an authentic iPhone cable for transferring fastly and without any interruption. Plug one end to the phone and the other end to the MAC book or desktop. Make sure you check the compatibility of the device, whether it’s USB A or USB c port plug. Once the valid connection is established, you can see your phone charging and a pop-up will occur asking us whether or not to trust the device. Click on “trust” and type in your passcode to continue.
1.2.Opening the Image Capture Software to transfer file between iPhone and Mac
To open the image capture, we need to type Command+Space bar to open the search bar. Now type in Image Capture in it. This will open the image capture on your Mac Book or Desktop. In the left corner, you can see your device name, click on it. Wait for some time so that the image capture can load the photos from your mobile onto your PC. All the photos and files will appear in this window, now you can select the ones you want on your device and click download to get them on your PC. If you want to transfer all just click on download all. Before clicking the download option make sure you are selecting the location you want your photos to be present.
1.3.Problem with Image Capture
There is a slight problem with using the image capture, it only displays the files that are on the local storage. This could be a problem if you have your photos saved on iCloud. You cannot transfer those files until you download them into local storage. It will be a tiring process since downloading from iCloud is a time-consuming process.
2. Using Airdrop
Another way of transferring files is to use airdrop, which lets us transfer the files without any cable via Bluetooth. Airdrop lets you share files instantly with people nearby. All you need to do is activate the Bluetooth and airdrop and transfer to the other device.
2.1. Activating Airdrop on iPhone
- Go to the settings, Switch ON the Bluetooth.
- Now click on the general settings.
- The Airdrop option appears in front of your screen, change the mode to “Everyone” instead of “Receiving Off.”
2.2. Activating Airdrop on Mac Book/Desktop
- Click on the “GO” button on the top of the screen.
- Select the Airdrop option and then Switch On the Bluetooth.
- Even for the PC or MacBook make sure to change the mode to “Everyone” from “Receiving Off.”
Now establish the connection between the phone and PC using the Bluetooth connection. After the connection is established, just go to your phone and select the pictures you want to share. Use the Airdrop option to transfer them from phone to PC. All the shared photos will be present in the downloads folder.
Read Also: How to record a phone call on iPhone? – in just 4 simple steps.
3. transfer file between iPhone and Mac using Cloud Services
Cloud services could be a great way of sharing files between any device. We have to install them into the device and log in with our account credentials to get access to all the photos and files that have been up there in the cloud. But first, we need to upload those files into the cloud from a device. The iCloud drive and the google drive are some examples of cloud services. Google drive provides us with 15GB of free storage.
Email is used in the olden days to transfer files.
- Open the file you want to share and click on the share icon.
- Select the E-mail icon in the sharing options.
- After selecting that, type in your own E-mail address.
This method might be a time-consuming process since it requires a data connection to transfer the file.
5. transfer file between iPhone and Mac using Messaging Applications
Another easy way of file sharing is using messaging applications like WhatsApp or telegram. This is an excellent way to do it if you want to share less amount of data. Upload the data onto your own contact and send them from your mobile, once it is sent open the desktop version of that same application and log in to it.
Now click on the files you want to download, and they will be present in your desktop storage.
These are some of the ways we can share or transfer files between the iPhone and PC. You can choose the method you are comfortable with and start the process. The best method is to upload your important documents into cloud storage so that we can never lose our important files and photos. If we want them we can just log in to our account and download them.