We might come across many people who see com.osp.app.sigin under the category of used apps of Google activity or maybe somewhere else then they start questioning what this app is all about and why is it running continuously on my Android device. This article will take you into detail about com.osp.app.signin and let you solve all the queries related to it.
What defines com.osp.app.signin?
This is fundamentally an Android app package on Samsung Android gadgets affiliated to account sign-in tasks. This package works in the background and it helps the Android operating system to initiate the sign-in tasks for the Samsung members. Here, OSP stands for “Other Service Provider”. Users generally think about this app as the Bloatware or spyware or any cheating application because this package keeps on running at the background of your device.
But in actuality, it is neither a Bloatware nor a malware. Thus, com.osp.app.signin is sincerely a supporting package deal for the Samsung member app on any Samsung phone. OSP app signin is useful to switch devices easily. It helps the users to sign in to the Samsung member account. Samsung Account is a subsidy assistant which authorizes customers to use a wide scope of Samsung services on devices like laptops, smartphones, televisions, etc. Although this package keeps running in the background but so far, any evidence has not been gathered of eating resources or battery by the package. Samsung account is a membership service that permits its user to use more than one Samsung service on the device. Overall, this app is completely safe and is necessary too.
Do learn: com.samsung.android.incallui
Importance of com.osp.app.signin
- This is very essential to transmit the information from one of the Samsung phones to another Samsung phone using com.osp.app.signin.
- It is also used to migrate the contact details from one Samsung phone to the other one.
- com.osp.app.signin is essential to convey app settings and Android settings in the absence of any physical labour. The browser has all the older settings details and the preferences that were earlier at some point in time which reduces the chances of error and saves both time and energy.
- It also helps us to personalize our Android smartphone with different Samsung features and services.
Other features which uses com.osp.app.signin are:
- Samsung Member
- Find my device
- Samsung Application
- Samsung Health
- Safe Folder
Samsung Member is fast growing community of Galaxy professionals who offer all-around support, feedback, and analysis to the customers. It also offers all the services requires=d for troubleshooting all the Samsung devices related features. The Samsung Application app lets the user use IoT (Internet of Things) devices like smart television sets, smart watches, smart lights, smart refrigerators, and many more.
Now comes the most important Samsung Health Apps which help us to stay on the top of the fitness games. This app also has the already prepared videos of expert coaches who teach about the fitness programs such as weight loss, endurance training, stretching, increase in height, and so on. A safe folder benefits us by keeping our files secure and freeing up space. It has three main modules named Folder List, Manage Folder, and Manage photos and password protection.
In the Folder List option, all the added folders can be seen. Manage Folder is helpful for adding, deleting, and renaming the folders. We can also lock our personal folders as password protection. Find my device makes it simple to track down an Android Samsung headset via the internet. The Penup app is also very interesting. It acts like a social network that wish to interact with fellow creative types. It is like an art community on the Galaxy smartphone.
Is com.osp.app.signin secure?
Security of information and documents is the maximum valuable element of the Android. When it comes to safety and security on Android, all the apps are not dangerous although a few of the apps are risky. com.osp.app.signin is a completely secure app and you can always run it in the background without any fear of data or information loss.
Do not miss: com.facebook.katana: FB Katana
How to fix “Unfortunately com.osp.app.signin has stopped“
Many times users have been reporting the error “Unfortunately com.osp.app.sigin has stopped” when they boot up their Android Samsung mobile. This mistake activates prompts a pop-up that asks both to shut the package deal or document the mistakes. This error can be solved by any of the below-discussed ways:
Method1: Temporary method
It is a temporary method. It can be easily resolved by switching off the Wi-Fi and then restarting the device.
The error can occur because the app might be using a very old version which does not function normally now. For this, update it by permitting all the permissions and finally click on “OK”.
See also: com.sec.android.daemonapp
Method3: install the latest version
If it is not possible to update the app then just download and install the latest version of the app. After downloading, follow the steps discussed here:
- Step a: Go to the Settings option of your Android device.
- Step b: Search for biometrics and Security and click on it to open.
Step c: Scroll down and click on Install unknown apps and then allow the app to get installed from an unknown source.
- Step d: Search for any internet browser together with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Step e: Now pick the app that you downloaded after which install the app.
- Step f: Finally, don’t forget to restart your Android smartphone and check whether the error still exists or had it been removed.
Method4: clear the cache
To fix the error completely from your Android device, clear the cache.
This approach should not be the first approach without trying the above methods to fix this kind of error as it will remove all the app data permanently from your device. Follow the steps discussed below to clear the cache:
- Step a: Go to settings options on your Android device.
- Step b: Scroll down and search for the Apps menu. Click on it to open.
- Step c: Tap on the three dots present at the top right corner under the Apps section.
- Step d: Select the Show System Apps option under Apps menu.
- Step e: Now, simply search for com.osp.app.signin.
- Step f: Open the storage by tapping on it.
- Step g: Click on the Clear data and Clear Cache option present at the bottom of the same window pane.
- Step h: Finally restart your Android device once everything has been successfully implemented.
How to remove com.osp.app.signin?
First of all, if your device is working properly without any disturbance under that condition there is no point of removing com.osp.app.signin. In fact, removing some of the system app from the Android device is not possible without root access. Some examples of such apps are com.android.backupconfirm, com.samsung.android.incallui, etc. That is to say, If you try to manipulate any of these Android apps, your device may malfunction and slow down to a great extent. Still in case you desire n loneronot to apply Samsung member account to manipulate and backup your data, you could truely disable or freeze com.osp.app.signin bundle out of your Samsung Android device.
The below-discussed steps need to be followed to freeze it:
- Open the Google Play Store and look for the Titanium Backup app.
- Download and install it.
- Launch the app on your device.
- Now, search for com.osp.app.signin and click to open it.
- Finally, click on Freeze and rant the permissions if asked.
Steps to root your tool in the absence of PC:
- Open the Google Play Store on the Android device and look for KingoRoot.
- Click on the root option.
Wait for a few seconds. Your Android device will be automatically rooted.
Steps to root the Android device with the help of PC:
- Move to the Settings option to your Android device.
- Search for System and click on About Phone.
- Tap the Build Number many times until Developer Options -> “activate“.
- Now, go to the previous page and click on the “Developer Options”.
- Switch on the USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Now, download the KingoRoot on the Windows system.
- Install KingoRoot on your system.
- Connect your Android smartphone with the PC via a USB cable.
- Open the KingoRoot app on your PC and select the root option.
- After the root option is selected. Disconnect your Android device from your PC. And follow the steps mentioned above to freeze com.osp.app.signin.
com.osp.app.signin is the internal name for a Samsun service. com.osp.app.signin helps us transmit the data from one smartphone to another smartphone. On the other hand, we recommend not to remove this app for whatever reason you are deleting it as it is a system app and it won’t affect your device. Neither it consumes a battery nor any other resource. Thus, It has a lot of advantages apart from transferring data and contact details like Samsung Member, Samsung Health, Penup, Find my device, Samsung Application, and Safe Folder as discussed above. Moreover to resolve the error related to com.osp.app.signin not working, do not try to factory reset rather work on the methods to solve it because Factory Reset will wipe out all the data from the Android device. So, It does not cause any privacy issues.