How to Connect PS4 controller to iPhone?
Are you looking do you want to hook up to connect your PS4 Dual Shock 4 Controller to your iOS devices? This is the perfect location. We’ll walk you through the process step-by-step to assist you connect your PS4 controllers to iPhone or an iPad.
In today’s fast-paced and life, many people prefer to enjoy playing video games during their spare time. Video games are also more accessible to commercial buyers due to they were released following the Digital Big Bang and the growth in the smartphone industry. Certain of the most well-known games are now being transferred to mobile devices running platforms that include iOS and Android Some of the most popular are PUBG, Fortnite, Devil May Cry, Call of Duty and even Apex Legends is expected to be out sometime this year.
With so many games to choose from, those who normally play these games on game consoles, as well as gaming PCs tend to prefer these games because of the ease of use and portability of smartphones. However, they prefer to use traditional controllers to play instead of using touchscreens. They enjoy the feeling of adrenaline-pumping buttons with their controllers when they are leading their team in the final circle is in sight.
Compatible with Controllers
iOS devices that work with Dual Shock 4 Controllers. so that you can connect PS4 controllers directly to iPhone:
There are some devices that aren’t equipped to utilize this fantastic feature offered by the controller. A lot of the older generation iPhones and iPads aren’t equipped with this feature since the feature relies on the Bluetooth 5.0 from the Dual Shock controller to connect it to your iPhone or iPad. This feature is restricted to only the latest generation iOS devices running iOS 13 or iPad OS 13 or later versions of these operating systems.
Supported iPhone List
All iPhone devices that can support this feature include:
iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (First Generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd Generation), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 pro max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 pro max and later.
Supported iPad List
All iPad devices that can support this feature include:
iPad Air 2, iPad Air (3rd Generation), iPad Air (4th Generation), iPad Air (5th Generation), iPad Air (6th Generation), iPad Air (7th Generation), iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini (5th Generation), iPad Pro 9.7 inch, iPad Pro 10.5 inch, iPad Pro 11 inch 2018 (first generation), iPad Pro 11 inch 2020 (second generation), iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2015 (first generation), iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2017 (second generation), iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2018 (third generation), iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2020 (fourth generation).
How to connect PS4 controllers to iPhone?
Methods for connecting your Dual Shock 4 Controller to your iPhone or iPad by using Bluetooth 5.0 :
We’ll now be able we can connect the Dual Shock 4 Controller to your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth 5.0. Before you begin, make sure whether you’re Dual Shock 4 Controller has enough power as well as is prepared to connect to your device.
To begin, follow the following steps:
Step 1: Switch the on to the Bluetooth pairing mode of your Dual Shock 4 Wireless controller’s Bluetooth pairing mode.
Before connecting the device to an iPhone or iPad you will need to enable the Bluetooth 5.0 pair mode. For this, follow these steps:
Image with the PS button as well as share button.
- Press the Play Station button or PS button on the bottom on the Dual Shock 4 Controller under the trackpad that is between two analog sticks.
- While simultaneously pressing simultaneously using the PS button, press use the Share button on the left-hand side of the Controller will be positioned next to the directions keys will be activated for 10 seconds. This will enable Dual Shock’s Active Bluetooth Pairing mode.
- The light that is in the background of the Dual Shock 4 Controller will start flashing as soon as it is activated in the controller’s Active Bluetooth pairing mode is enabled.
Step 2: Make sure you connect your PS4 Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to your iPhone or iPad by using Bluetooth:
In order to begin pairing with you iPhone or iPad and the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller you must do these steps in Your iPhone and iPad:
- If you have an iPhone or iPad you must access your Control Center by sliding it either up or down, as per the screen of your Apple device, If it’s an older model iPhone or iPad it’s Control Center that can be open by sliding it up in the case of a newer model. it’s open by sliding it upwards to downwards.
- Hold and press the Bluetooth button located on the left hand side, near the options for networks, and near the Wi-fi. After that, you’ll see a pop-up window that displays all the available Bluetooth devices. By using this method, you’ll be able to locate the Controller you’re seeking.
- In the pop-up window look on it. Then, search for the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller and press it . Once you press it, the Controller will be connected to your iPhone as well as the iPad.
If you can’t find your Dual Shock Wireless Controller in the Bluetooth Options you can follow these steps to find an alternative that is less convenient, but still efficient solution:
Images that show where the Controller is located.
- You can go to the settings on either your iPhone and iPad.
- Visit in the Bluetooth section, flip to turn the Bluetooth toggle switch to on in case it’s not turned in the default setting to see whether it’s green.
- If you go to”Other devices” of the Bluetooth panel. Look for whether there is a “Dual Shock 4 Bluetooth Wireless Controller “Dual Shock 4 Bluetooth Wireless Controller” and click it.
- The backlight of the Dual Shock Controller should turn into a shade of reddish-pink and this indicates you that your Dual Shock Wireless Bluetooth Controller is now connected.
Congratulations for following these steps and you’ll be able join the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to your iPhone or iPad.
Playing using Dual Shock 4 Controller in iPhone
Once you have connected your gadget to iPhone or iPad you will be able to play any game that has controller-supported gameplay. You can then play immediately. If you have any other requirements then you can utilize the Octopus app to control the game’s gameplay components and buttons directly from your smartphone.
You can utilize you Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to stream games played on your PS4 to your smartphone screen via Wi-Fi. You can also use using the PS4 Remote Play app that is available on App Store.
A lot of games listed below are compatible with Dual Shock. Dual Shock Enabled Play on iOS devices such as iPad as well as iPhone:
- Asphalt 8: Airborne.
- Call of Duty
- Asphalt 9
- NFS Most Wanted
- Gangster New Orleans
- It’s Full of Sparks.
- Jetpack Joyride.
- Xeno work.
- Flipping Legend.
- Life Is Strange.
- Chronology – Deluxe Edition.
- Gangster Vegas
Unplug Dual Shock 4 Controller from iPhone
I hope you enjoyed your time when you played with your controller. What? Do you want to unplug it right now. But don’t worry, we have your back. We’ll help you follow the steps to disconnect from your Dual Shock 4 Wireless Bluetooth Controller from your iPad or iPhone.
Follow the steps below to disconnect the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Bluetooth Controller from your iPad or iPhone:
- If you have an iPhone or iPad You must access your Control Center by sliding it either up or down, as per the display of your Apple device. in the case of an older generation iPhone or iPad it’s Control Center that can be opened by turning it upside down in the case of a newer model. it’s open by sliding it upwards to downwards.
- Hold and press the Bluetooth button located on the left-hand side, near the available network options, besides Wi-fi. After that, you’ll see an e-mail that lists all the searchable Bluetooth devices. This will allow you to locate the Controller you’re seeking.
- In that pop-up look in the search bar for Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller and then press it. After that, your Controller will disconnect from the iPhone and iPad.
If you are unable to locate it in the Bluetooth Options, or you are unable to locate Dual Shock Wireless Controller in the Bluetooth Options you can follow these steps to get an alternative, less efficient but more efficient method:
- You can go to the settings on the settings of your iPhone and iPad.
- Click on The Bluetooth section, turn to turn the Bluetooth toggle switch to on when it’s not switched off by default, and check whether it’s green.
- Click on the tab for Other Devices of the Bluetooth panel. Look for whether there is an option for the “Dual Shock 4 Bluetooth Wireless Controller” and then click it.
- The backlight of the back of your Dual Shock Controller should turn into a white flashing color it will indicate that the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Bluetooth Controller is disconnected, and is back to the Dual Shock 4’s active pairing mode.
Congratulations for following these steps, you are now capable of successfully disconnecting the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to your iPhone or iPad.
How to Reconnect Dual Shock 4 to PS4:
To connect the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to your PS4 Follow these steps
- Connect a micro-USB USB cable onto Your Dual Shock 4 Controller.
- Attach the second end of the cable to the PS4
- Turn On the PS4
- On the splash screen, press the PS button located in the middle on the control.
- Remove the Wire.
You’re Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller has been successfully linked to the Play Station 4.
Limitations of the use of Dual Shock 4 with iPhone
Certain limitations apply making use of the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller using the iPhone as well as iPad, namely:
- The audio connector to listen to in-game audio. This could be an issue if you are using an audio set with multiple audio channels.
- Additionally, you are not able to connect to external Bluetooth headphones making use of Dual Shock 4 Wireless controller. Dual Shock 4 Wireless controller.
- A lot of Dual Shock 4 buttons will not function as the Share button the Track Pad as well as other buttons like the Play Station Button and the PS Button.
How do I solve PS4 controller not connecting to iPhone
Troubleshooting Issues you might encounter while connecting your controller. If there is a problem in your game using the controller Apple suggests trying the below solutions:
- Unpair your device and pair it with the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller again.
- If it is the case that your two shock controllers are connected to either your iPhone or iPad however it doesn’t connect or shows you get the message says “connection unsuccessful”, try pressing the play station or PS button, and then just wait until it will make connected.
- Be sure that no more than two devices are connected at the same time since this could also cause problems.
I hope you find this article helpful. Below are some frequently asked questions for those who are still having issues connecting your controller. Until next time, keep Gaming!
I’m unable to Connect my controller to an iOS phone.
First, check if your iOS devices are compatible with Dual Shock 4 Controller. Verify if you’re iOS device is included in the list above of supported Apple devices which can be linked with the PS4 Controller.
The device I’m using is on the list of compatible devices however it isn’t able to connect to PS4.
Make sure the device you are using is updated to the most recent iOS software. To connect to the PS4 Controller, it’s required that you have iOS 13.0 or higher. If your device is running older versions than iOS13 and you want to update it, you must do so. device’s software.
My device is running iOS13 however it’s still disconnected from PS4.
There are several suggestions you can make. One of these options can help.
1. Enable the Bluetooth by turning off and then on the Bluetooth toggle on your iOS device, and then attempt to connect your device to Controller.
2. Restart your iOS device. Press the power button and upper volume button together. you’ll be able to see an off-slider. Move the slider on your iPhone to turn off power and then hold the power button in order to power it back up. it. Reconnect it and try again.
3. Hard Reset your Controller. move your controller to its backside. You should see a tiny hole beneath that L2 button. Utilize a Sim card ejector into the hole and then reset your Dual Shock to factory settings. This will solve the issue.