Are you stuck with the inability to Answer my phone? Are you fed up with the same boring application with no options? Learn how to utilize the Google Phone app and the features available for me to answer the phone. Find out how to resolve the issue with your Phone application not functioning properly? Find out what’s the reason for your Phone app to stop working correctly. Learn how you can resolve the issue that we have identified.
It’s a must for us to attend our calls without interruptions, and however, there is always a better method of receiving your call with no hassle. In this article, we’ll be going explore ways to call and make calls with our Android phones. Additionally, we will examine ways to resolve the issue with phone apps not working properly. The phone app is not functioning properly.
How do I make calls?
You can make phone calls using the default phone app that is built into your phone. However, you can also use third-party applications like truecaller. As a default, you’ll simply launch the phone application and then tap the number you want to dial by using the “tap-to-dial ” tap to dial” feature. If you are unable to access the phone application for any reason, then download it here.
If you are unable to download the app from the Playstore, the device you’re using is not compatible. You must choose it as your default phone application if you’ve downloaded the app. At the bottom, a menu will appear asking to choose a default phone application.
Before proceeding, be sure to configure the phone app to be your default. A popup will prompt for the same when calling. Follow the steps below to call:
- Get started on your phone and then open the phone application.
- Enter the number on the dial pad, or tap to ” Contacts” If you already have the number stored.
- When you have entered or selected the number, click on the phone button.
- You will see a new screen with your name or number on top. The ringing should be going now. Your call will be answered right now. To end the call, just click on the stop button located at the end of the screen.
Note The following providers are supported by videos, conferences, conference video calls, and so on. Check the options displayed on the screen following your acceptance of the call.
How do I Answer My Phone?
You’ll be able to hear the ringtone when you receive an email, and a screen will pop up. On the screen, you’ll be able to see the caller’s ID or the caller’s number. Follow the steps below for the answer to the phone call.
- The white circle is a swipe towards the green circle. Most of the time, it’s on the top. (Some phones have it facing the bottom, so you can slowly shift it to determine where it is on the bottom of the circle.)
- If you’d like to turn down the call, then you should do the reverse of the steps we took in step 1. You may also leave a message for the person calling you by pressing the “message button. There you can either compose your message or send an already-written message.
- You may also answer another call even if the first one is to be answered, just answer the incoming phone, and the initial one will be placed on hold.
Other features of a call
We will also be able to see the additional features that are accessible on the Android platform. These features allow you to answer my phone, and these features will be accessible during a conversation in progress.
- Click on the dial pad checkout button to unlock the keypad(write any number when you are on call).
- Press the speaker button to switch to where the audio comes from, such as earphones, speakers or various Bluetooth devices.
- Press the muted option to turn off your microphone, and your caller won’t be able to hear you right now. Repeat the process for unmuting, just click, and the other person can hear you once more. Click the hold button to place your phone on hold. Repeat the process when you wish to resume the call. The other person will be able to hear that message “Your call is waiting, and you must be patient”.
- Press the switch button to switch between calls in progress, and one will be placed on hold.
- Click on the Call merge button to combine all the calls together the participants will be able to hear each other.
Note If you wish to cut down on the call and make use of your phone during the call, just press” home” (middle button at the bottom). A bubble will appear on the screen, and it displays the current call and can be moved around.
- To conceal the bubble, you need to press and drag it until it reaches an X at the lower right on the screen.
- To increase the number of calls to increase the call, tap the bubble.
Features for video calls (dependant on the provider):
- If the call is on when the call is active, tap on the add button.
- Then enter then the phone # of the person you wish to video chat with.
- Click on the video call button to initiate video calls with the person calling.
- Once the video chat is activated, click on the Transfer button to transfer the call to the number that you previously entered.
How do I solve Answer My Phone?
If you’re facing an issue when receiving or not receiving the call, we have some suggestions to use. Just follow each one of them, and the issue will be solved in no time.
Rebooting: Sometimes, this is due to a minor bug that could come as a result of the release of a new update. It can be fixed by restarting the computer, and the next update will resolve the issue just like it always has. However, if this isn’t effective for you, it’s time to go to another step.
Verify any changes in the UI
The UI of a device can be so different that it can cause problems performing tasks the way you used to. For instance, Samsung changed its UI to a more modern style, and it also changed how they responded to and denied the call. Before the update, the buttons were distinct, and however, now, they’re gone.
Another example is OnePlus, in which, for you to accept the call, you have to swipe downwards, but with Samsung, it will not accept calling if the swipe is upwards.
If you’re a Samsung user and would like to switch the style to an older version, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings on your phone and then go to Accessibility.
- Then look for the Assistant Menu and Interactions. Once you have found it, you can turn off the switch.
- There’s a “Single tap to swipe” option beneath the toggle. Please turn it on.
- Then you’ll be able to utilize the single-tap buttons to answer and decline calls.
Note If you wish to delete this floating menu symbol following activating one tap on the screen, make a long tap that floating menu symbol, then drag it away to conceal it. It will be removed, and you won’t be able to view it after doing this.
Reinsert your SIM
This could be the case if you recently switched to a different phone or sim or if you lost your phone. Whatever the reason, this trick is usually effective even if you don’t use the SIM or phone.
Simply remove the SIM tray, remove your SIM Clean contacts (goldern chips on in the rear of the SIM) with a microfiber cloth. Insert the SIM again, and start your phone.
Change the aeroplane mode on and off mode.
The restriction of internet connectivity by forcing us to restart the connection might be a good idea for us. It’s worth a try as it will take between 10 and 20 seconds to complete; just follow the steps below:
- The menu is accessible from at the very top of your phone (some phones include this menu on the lower part of the phone).
- When the menu appears, you can tap the aeroplane option that will be displayed by the plane icon.
- After that, you should wait for about 15 minutes before turning it back on. Press the button to shut off the device.
- You are likely to be able to make calls right now.
- Clean the data and then catch (Phone app)
This method works for a lot of users because the issue lies related to the app and not your SIM as well as the phone generally. It is possible to clean out the app’s data that causes problems. However, remember that it will erase all login details and other data files.
In this instance, the contact data and call history will be deleted when you perform the data cleaning. Make sure to do this only in the event that you are unable to repair it using one of the other methods described in this article. Follow the steps listed below to reset your app’s data:
- Go to the Settings menu on your phone and then go to Settings.
- Under settings, search for Apps and Notifications and then open it.
- Then search for ” Phone App” (If you’re unsuccessful in finding it, then just press the three dots on the top and click on ” Show system apps“).
- Open the app, and then start ” Storage” First, tap on ” Clear cache” and then click on ” Clear storage“.
- If you’re being requested to confirm your identity, do the confirmation and then launch the Phone application, you are able to initiate calls right now. This will answer my phone problem.
- Hold and press the Phone icon for the app and search for “App details” Tap it, and you’ll be taken to the settings page for the application.
- Then, tap the app, and then open “Storage” First, tap on “Clear cache” and then click on “Clear storage“.
- If you’re requested to confirm your identity, do the confirmation and then launch the Phone application. You are able to initiate calls right now.
- Update the OS
This isn’t the most effective method as the update isn’t available until the developers announce an update. Nevertheless, it’s worth an attempt. To determine if your device has received any update or not, go to settings and look to find “Update“.
Additionally, you can determine whether the Phone application is updated available or not. Click this link to see if it is available. If you find an update available, simply tap the update button, and wait until it is completed. Restart your device after the app has been successfully updated.
Fix third-party phone application
If you’re using third-party phone applications that are branded as truecaller, then they could be the cause of the issue. You must either make to use the original Phone app to be the default or turn off the third-party app to resolve the issue. Follow the steps listed below:
- Open the Settings app on your phone and then look at ” Apps & Notifications“.
- Look to ” Default apps” Click at the three dots at the highest point of the screen.
- Tap it, and a brand new menu will be opened. You can choose the phone app.
- Then, tap ” System default app” and then look at ” Caller ID & Spam settings“.
- Select it and then select the native phone app, or choose ” none” in case you wish to switch to another application the next time.
Reset app preference
This is an alternative to the App clean-up trick as this won’t erase any data, but it will reset the application’s settings. But, remember that all settings will be restored to default settings once(as it was with the app when it was first launched). Following the instructions below for this:
- Open Settings and search at ” Apps” or ” Apps & Notifications“.
- Tap onto the triangle on the right at the very top. Now press ” Reset app preferences“.
- If you’re not able to locate the settings, visit Settings > System -Reset Options> Reset the app preference.
In this article, we discussed the ways to solve the issue with answering the answer phone as well as the Phone application not functioning. Also, we were taught how to make use of Google’s Phone application. The benefits that come with using the local phone app aren’t too great, but it’s much more robust and reliable.
If you’re unable to resolve the issue after trying all of these methods, then you can try setting the phone by going back to the original factory settings. But remember that this erases ALL personal information, and you won’t be able to restore the data after. If you’re looking to go through a quick process to learn more, check out the video on our YouTube channel.