You heard a lot about Google Text to Speech, do you know How to use it? How to use Google Text to Speech? If you want to know the exact method to use the tool then this article will be best for you. Let’s Do T-> S. So, keep reading to know how to use it perfectly.
We all use some kind of computer device daily. Most of us use our smart devices. The main thing while using any digital device is typing. We all at some point, don’t want to type. We think someone else could have typed it for us. This is where Google Text to Speech comes into play. We are going to learn in great depth about Google Text to Speech. It is also known as Google TTS. It is a beneficial tool. There are a lot of features in this tool. We are going to see the basics and pros and cons of this tool. Also, we will understand how we can use Google Text to Speech. With that, let us roll into the basics.
Google Text to Speech
Google TTS is a speech synthesis application. It translates voice into characters and vice versa. The Google Assistant works on this tool only. It is the most used tool in the development of AI, of course, those speech synthesis tools are more advanced.
Google TTS was launched in late 2013. It is free to use. You can use this software for many purposes. It can read you a book, or you can speak, and it will type for you. Well, the possibilities are too much. We are going to talk about its features further in the article.
The application records your voice to change it into text. While using this software, you have to be in a quiet place, or the application will not work properly.
Features of Google TTS
There are a lot of features of Google Text to Speech. We are going to see most of them in detail. With that, let us roll into it.
- The first feature is the support of many languages. Google Text to Speech has the support for more than ten languages. These are the most used languages in the world. You can use all of them. You can use them to either give commands to the device or get responses from the device.
- The next feature is the translation. If you are reading some book and you don’t know the language in which the book is written, then you can take help of Google Text to Speech. It will read aloud in your preferred language. This saves your time of reading. You just have to enjoy the books.
- The next feature is to control your device. Before the Google Assistant came into play, you can use Google Text to Speech to do simple tasks for you. You can command the application to place calls or send messages. It can also play videos on Youtube.
- The last feature is Android Talkback. It comes in handy if you can’t see the device. The device will read aloud the things on display. This is a very good tool for older people who can’t see properly or people who are visually impaired.
With that, we are done with the features now let us talk about the pros and cons of google’s text to speech.
In this section, we are going to talk about the advantages of Google text to speech.
- The first thing is the human-like voice. Whenever you talk to Google text to speech, you will get an outstanding human response. It won’t make you feel like you are talking to some computer device or anything.
- The next thing is that it minimizes your work. TTS makes your work easy. All you have to do is to talk to the application. It will start doing your work. From typing to placing a call, it can do everything.
- It also has a very high linguistic accuracy. This means that if you are dictating something to the application, it will type with great accuracy if your pronunciation is good. There will be no typing mistakes in the text you dictated. While reading out something, it application will read it with perfect pronunciation.
- The last is security. As this application comes from Google. There will be no security issues. You can use this application without risking any of your data.
In this section, we are going to talk about the disadvantages of Google text to speech. There are not many cons to this application. However, we had some of the cons found for you. Let us have a look.
- The first issue is that when you are speaking something to the application, you have been in a quiet place. If you are not in a quiet place, the application will not detect anything and give gibberish output.
- Next is the pronunciation. When you are dictating something, your pronunciation should be perfect. Else it will not type the correct word. This makes using this app a bit difficult. So when you are using this application have good diction and pronunciation.
- The last issue we found is that you have a good internet connection to work with this application. If you don’t have a good internet connection, the application will not work perfectly. Next time while using it have a good internet connection.
This is all about the pros and cons of this application. Now let us move to how to use google text to speech.
How to use Google Text to Speech?
The setup of this application is very easy. We will tell you how to use Google Text to speech step by step. Let us see that now.
- First of all, go to your device settings.
- Now search for the accessibility option. Once you find it, open it.
- Next select text to speech output option.
- Now you have to select the engine for speech synthesis. By default, it is selected to Google Text to Speech. Do not change it.
- Next, you have to select the language. It is the language in which you ant the output. Select it.
- Select the speech rate.
- Fix the pitch.
- Click on the Settings button next to the preferred engine option so that you can download the voice data for your language. You can also change other settings.
- Now you are all set to use this application.
With that, we are done with the setup part. Now we will see some of its usages.
- The first thing you can do with this application is using the readout function. Open any pdf file. Tap on the menu button of the application. Select readout. The Google Text to Speech will start reading out the pdf for you.
- You can also give the command to the application to do certain tasks. Click on the mic in the google search bar and speak “call mom” the application will call the number saved with the name mom.
- The third thing is you can send text messages using this application. To do it click on the mic in the google search bar and speak “text mom” the application will text the number saved with the name mom. It will ask you the content of the text. Once you gave the content. Speak send, and text will be sent to the number.
- The most useful function is typing. To do it Open any document editor. On the keyboard, you will see a mic. Tap on the mic and start speaking. The moment you start speaking the application will start typing into the document editor.
Other apps like Google TTS
- A Polly: This is also a TTS engine. It is also a very good TTS engine. It is free to use. Once downloaded you have to install it then go to the speech output option and select the A Polly as the default engine. Download the voice data, and you are all set to work with it.
- Trint: It is also a very good TTS engine. It is developed by Trint. It is free to use. Once downloaded you have to install it then go to the speech output option and select the Trint as the default engine. Download the voice data, and you are all set to work with it.
- Botium Speech Processing: This is a new speech engine. It is free to use. Once downloaded you have to install it then go to the speech output option and select the Botium as the default engine. Download the voice data, and you are all set to work with it.
Now we are done with all the apps. Let us wrap up this article.
In conclusion, I would like to say that the TTS is very helpful. We have talked about how to use Google Text to Speech. Before using any of the TTS engines, read the privacy and security papers. As data is very crucial these days. I hope you liked the post.