If you run diagnostics test on your iPhone it will let you identify the potential software and hardware issues. There will be some sort of software issues with every phone like getting exposed to external viruses and errors in the internal code. iPhone viruses are not very common, but they can happen under a few circumstances. iPhone viruses might cause problems to your device, so you should know how to check your device for viruses.
The diagnostic test can be run on new phones as well to check how well they run and also if you are trying to sell your phone. The best thing you can do to avoid viruses from third-party apps is to download apps from the official websites or the App store. There will be cases where your iPhone might behave abnormally due to these viruses. Today we will try to run such basic diagnostics on your iPhone and also how to remove or avoid them from happening.
In order to bring up the diagnostic panel on your device all you have to do is use the volume and side buttons. The first step is to power off the device and then use a lightning cable or a power source like your charger. Now simultaneously hold the volume up and volume down buttons along with the side button while charging with the power source. This displays a new diagnostic tool that says “Diagnostics allow Apple to identify potential hardware and software issues with this device.”
- The next step is to click on the “Start Diagnostics.”
- You have to choose a Wi-Fi network to start running the diagnostics.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and start the tests.
- If you are connected to your network, the further tests might not appear on the display and it asks us to visit the apple store to get customer support.
- Click on “Exit Diagnostics” to stop the tests, if you cannot continue further.
Using third-party applications from the App store to Run Diagnostics on Your iPhone?
There are many third-party applications available online to check diagnostics on any phone, but using those no so trustworthy apps might make our iPhone vulnerable to viruses. So make sure you are downloading the apps from the App store only. The apps mentioned below are some of the third-party applications available on the app store to run diagnostics on your iPhone as well as your Android too. All these apps work the same except for the interface and the different kinds of tests they run to check the phone. The apps are Phone doctor plus, TestM, Phone Diagnostics, etc.
We will see the step-by-step process to download and test the iPhone using TestM.
Go to the App Store and download the TestM app, the one with the blue icon and a white tick over it.
- Open the app, allow the requirements, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The app has two kinds of tests, a full test, and a quick test. A full test conducts all the tests like front Microphone, rear Microphone, flash, speaker, touch screen, and many more. They also include memory, Wi-Fi, network, Bluetooth, GPS, camera, CPU, charging, etc.
- Whereas a quick test lets you choose a particular test you want to conduct and run it.
Let us see how we can do a full test on iPhone using the TestM application. An estimated time is calculated and displayed on the screen.
1. The Touch Screen Test: Once it is activated, the app asks us to Scratch to clear the screen to check if all the pixels are working properly or not.
2. The Headphone Test: We have to plug the wired headphones into the phone and listen to the 3 numbers the app says on the headphones. We need to enter these numbers when prompted on the screen. The same goes for the Earpiece test and the Speaker test too.
3. The Microphone test: To test the microphone we need to say “Hello” on the front, back, and bottom microphones. Give access to your Microphone and say hello for each microphone test.
The Accelerometer test asks us to shake the phone for 3 seconds and the Compass test to put the phone down and slide the screen down for 3 seconds.
4. The Bluetooth Test: To do this test, make sure your Bluetooth is switched on and your phone is placed near a discoverable trusted Bluetooth device to begin. Switch off the Wi-Fi too.
5. The Wi-Fi test: Just connect to a Wi-Fi source, and you are good to go.
6. The GPS Test: Turn on location services and turn off Wi-Fi. The GPS test the indoors and the outdoors too, so you have to go outside to run this test.
Read Also: How to increase Laptop Battery life?
7. The Cellular Test: This checks your cell network, puts your sim card in the portal, and begins the test.
8. The Buttons Test: The app asks us to press all the buttons available on the phone to check the working condition of the buttons.
The Proximity Test checks the availability of sensors at the front camera and the Charging Test monitors whether the charging port is working properly or not.
9. The Face ID test: We will have to look at the front camera for the verification of the Face ID. This feature is only available for iPhone 10 and above.
These tests also include camera tests, wireless charging tests, etc.
After running all these tests, if you find an error or are unable to complete any of those tests, you can either visit an Apple store to get it rectified or a mobile store nearby.
Avoiding or Getting Rid of Viruses
The possibility of viruses in the iPhone is rare, but we need to be careful while using third-party apps and websites. They offer cookies and take access to our personal information while we are trying to use their app. so be careful while using such apps. There are also some websites online, that offer a complete scan of your phone randomly, do not let them scan your device.
There are many other ways in which you can check for the working condition of your phone. But use simple ways, and if necessary visit the Apple customer support near you. for more such tips and tricks Browse basicknowledgehub.com